Moluk Oogi is my saviour during meal times with my baby girl. I really mean it. Once Arissa reached 6 months old, she was strong enough to sit up. So, during meal times (especially when we eat out – which is OFTEN), she will be seated on the baby chair.
She could sit still for up to about 6-7 minutes before she starts making noise. I have tried several methods to keep her company but I thank goodness for this person called Alex Hochstrasser. He has created Moluk toys and Moluk Oogi is our savior!
I had tried few different things to entertain her while we have our meals (lunch or dinner). We started off with books. Those soft material books. Thought it could keep her entertained while we eat.
Boy was I wrong! We had to entertain her instead! In addition, I think my husband and I took turns picking the book from the floor and dusting it. We wanted to apply the 3 seconds rule. But after 3 times or so, we gave up. We ended up taking turns to entertain her and eat.
Other than this toy, we also tried various toys but those were even easier to throw around, so we stopped. Then, I saw how some other kids were eating in their baby chair and I thought I could also try that. So, I went to buy some biscuits (recommended by my friends) so that she can also enjoy her food while we enjoy ours.
Nope, the rusks isn’t working either! I also tried purees but she gets distracted so easily with her surrounding that she only ends up eating 3-4 spoons every meal. It is also too troublesome and make it even harder for me to have my own meal.
Finally, I came across MOLUK OOGI. It was a gift and I must say it was the BEST Gift ever. It was god-send. Let me introduce you to Moluk Oogi Blue.
There are 2 colors, blue and red but the one that Arissa has is blue.
What is Oogi
Oogi is an irresistibly tactile and wonderfully expressive new figure toy. With suction cup head, hands and feet, and long stretchy arms, it connects to any smooth surface. Oogis happily live on a Bilibo but they have also been spotted playing in the bathtub, on fridges or mirrors.
Oogis are very social beings: They love to touch, embrace, form chains and do crazy acrobatic tricks. Their favorite hobbies are Oogi Yoga, extreme climbing or darting onto windows and other targets. Oogis are at home in any genre from cliffhanger to slapstick comedy and suitable for all ages. Its made from high-quality, food-grade silicone rubber. Safe, durable and easy to clean. Dishwasher-safe.
Why is it my savior?
- We can now eat our meals together. Still need to keep an eye on Ari but that 5 minutes you get to eat your meal in peace is just priceless.
- Lesser or almost no more picking toys or food from the floor (yeay!)
- She gets entertained. To be honest, she gets frustrated, annoyed and stressed because she tries so hard to pull Oogi out. She will lose her interests when she cannot pull Oogi out but within seconds, she will stare at Oogi again to figure what she should do. Nevertheless, it is doing its job – entertaining my baby girl while we eat our meals
- Easy to wash, wipe and safe for baby
- Car trips to daycare, when its just me and her. Stuck Oogi to the window to entertain her.
That’s all I need. Really.
Moluk is now available in KPOPMOM shop! Get yours today!